Cablecast automation systems have long included what we called a ‘public site'. They are pre-built video portals that host your live stream and video on demand content for web viewers. They update dynamically based on your saved searches in Cablecast and they come with options to customize video metadata and branding. You can also add a description of your channel and share links to a customized footer appearing on every page.
These pages are flexible, customizable, and optimized for search engines, but they are one of the most underused free, out-of-the-box features in Cablecast. So we decided to get rid of some limiting factors. In previous versions of Cablecast, public sites were limited to the number of cable channels you had, but in version 7.5 and later, there is no limit to the number of internet channels you can create. Because of this, we also changed the name from ‘public site’ to ‘internet channel'.
With new internet channels, your organization’s video portals can be as diverse and plentiful as your content. This also means that you can target specific audiences for your video content with dedicated channels. Here are some ways you shake things up with unlimited internet channels:
City Cable Channels:
- Create a separate channel for each city or meeting series you cover
- Create a channel just for election coverage and debates
- Create a separate channel for each school in your district.
- Give Parent Teacher Organizations their own channel
Strengthen Community Partnerships:
- Do you serve as the media arm of other organizations or departments in your community? Sweeten the package by hosting a channel for them that they can link to on their website.
Boost Community Producers:
- Do you want to boost producers at your organization that are putting in the time to churn out great shows on the regular? Give them an added boost with a dedicated channel.
So much more!
- Paired with Cablecast VOD, Cablecast LIVE, and the super smooth streaming delivery of Cablecast REFLECT, Cablecast Internet Channels offer a huge amount of flexibility and none of the hassle or loss of ownership that you get from free video hosting platforms. To watch even more creative things that Cablecast Users are doing with internet channels click here.
Connected Communities Summit: Gov Video Best Practices
Gain insight, learn best practices, and discover great gear for connecting communities with video. Industry experts discuss communications tech policy and dive into toolbox uses.