SAM is your new personal assistant for video automation workflows. Short for Smart Asset Manager, SAM becomes a member of your team when you upgrade to Cablecast 7.5 software, and he’s obsessed with making sure your files are always in the right place at the right time.
SAM handles the busy work. He can’t bring you coffee, but SAM can automate those predictable parts of your file management workflows. Not only does SAM eliminate human error when moving content, but he frees you up from those routine, time-consuming tasks that keep you from the fun stuff.
SAM is obedient and reliable. You set the rules and SAM follows them to the letter. He doesn’t change the process (unless you say so), and he doesn’t take weekends off.
SAM is multi-talented. So, what exactly can SAM do? He can move video files between your network and the cloud automatically. You can set rules for SAM to:
- Copy and move assets from one location to another, such as from your playback server to a NAS or SAN.
- Automate file backups off premise or in the cloud.
- Archive shows, such as city commission meetings, after a specified period of time.
- Restores files from the archives when they return to the program schedule.
- Automatically delete content after a specified period of time, so aging church sermons and Democracy Now! episodes aren’t taking up valuable storage space.
SAM is just one of the many improvements in Cablecast 7.5. Find out more here.
Connected Communities Summit - IP Streaming for Municipal Meetings
Gain insight, learn best practices, and discover great gear. Learn the benefits of IP video delivery for live streaming municipal meetings & ex. about expanding reach to targeted local audiences.